So you & the hubs can’t make it outta the house this year cuz the babes/kiddos schedule…do you skip Valentine’s Day altogether? Heck no! Thanks to Pinterest & a little creativity, here is your guide to a sweet night-in with your love.
First step: Hit up your local Target. The Valentines Day decorations will not disappoint! These are a few of our fave’s: Wool Ball Garland, I Love You Garland, Heart Table Lamp, and a cute pillow for your couch!
Next step: Set the mood. Candles (the more the better), chocolates, mason jars filled with flowers, and a cute tablesetting. Hit play on this Spotify playlist and you’re ready to get started!
Now let’s talk food:
- Make a yummy cheese//charcuterie board to start the night off. Pair it with your favorite wine of the month or pop a bottle of bubbly for an extra special night!
- Next, make this celery salad, you won’t regret it! I was hesitant at first, but it did not disappoint.
- Here are three different meal options depending on your vibe // skill level: Spinach & Artichoke Lasagna, Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice, Strawberry Bruschetta Panini
- OR, if you’re like me & cooking is not your area of expertise, order your favorite takeout! Haha, that always is an option!
What next? After dinner if you are going to watch a movie or go on a Netflix binge, make sure to try this homemade popcorn. It pairs great with wine & bubbly…trust me, I’ve tested it many times!
If you’re looking for something fun & different to do at home with your man, we highly recommend downloading this Beer-Tasting placemat from our bestie, Kam at Fixx Design Boutique. It’s a fun way to try some new beers and change up the norm!
Last but not least: Dessert…chocolate covered strawberries are always fun & tasty.
Let your hair down, relax, and enjoy this special night with your man! Remember that everything is what you make it. It will be special because of the effort you put into it!
Who doesn’t love a romantic date night out on the town? I sure do! If you have a sitter this year and are planning to get out of the house, here are some tips for a date with your man:
- The Outfit. Any madres out there stuck in workout clothes with unwashed hair today? Uh, me! So I cannot wait to put on something pretty for Valentine’s Day. I am loving blush tones right now and can’t get enough of these two dresses: Anthro Dress, Free People Dress, Spell & The Gypsy Dress.
- The Restaurant. Pick a yummy place and make RESERVATIONS now! If you are going out any day around Valentine’s Day, make reservations so you can have a stress free night and get the most out of your time away from baby. We are going to our favorite place, Vine in San Clemente for delectable apps, dinner, and wine.
- The Conversation. I know we all need a little help to come up with some fun topics and questions to prompt good husband and wife conversation (especially since all we want to do is talk about how cute our baby is), so I’m excited to share these questions I received at a marriage conference.
- The After Party. Parent style of course. Go for a stroll and head to your favorite wine bar, ice cream shop, or another quaint restaurant for dessert. We adore The Cellar and will be walking there for one last drink and their incredible sea salt and chocolate chip cookies!
Itching for an adventure with your love? Here’s an idea…let’s mix things up, escape the restaurant crowds and do something memorable this Valentine’s Day!
For the active: Sure, breaking a sweat might not be the most romantic thing that comes to mind. But a breath of fresh air and loads of fun are waiting for you and your hubby outdoors. Whether it’s a hike, jog along the boardwalk, hitting the tennis courts or soaking up some rays in the water; you’ll be glad you got out of the house. Take advantage of those calories you burnt off and indulge in a casual sunset picnic to end the day.
For something fresh: Don’t be afraid to try something new — brush up on those foodie skills in a cooking class, test your strength at rock climbing, get flexible at yoga or enjoy the glide on a paddle board.
For the weekend warrior: Looking for a weekend getaway? Make that trek up to the mountains, road trip out to the desert or take it easy and glamp it up at your local town camp site. Turn that phone off, clear you head and enjoy some quality family time together. Netflix can wait till you get back home. Some of our favorite weekend excursions have been Mammoth, Ojai camping, and Malibu.
For the groupie: Check your local concert venues for that band you’ve always wanted to see together. Or even better, start your own band on stage singing a karaoke duet at the local dive bar (hint: B-52’s – “Love Shack” for the win). Head to the app store and download BandsInTown to see if one of your favorite’s is nearby!
Let’s get out, mix it up and make this valentines day memorable!!!